Why a Dad's Club?
The Gecko Dad Corps is Green Elementary’s supportive group of volunteer parents! It consists primarily of dads but is open to all Green Elementary parents.
Research has shown that children perform better on standardized intelligence tests, earn better grades, have more positive attitudes about school, and report higher self-esteem when dads (and moms!), or other positive role-models actively participate in their education. Plus, there are some pretty handy and cool parents at this school, and we should get to know each other a little better and build a strong community.
Gecko Dad Corps Goals
- To Enhance the School Grounds and to generally Fix or Build stuff
- To Sponsor and Support Fundraising Events
- To Create and Increase more Opportunities for Dads to get More Involved
- To Provide a Forum to Share Ideas
- To Provide a Social Outlet for Fathers (basically fancy phrasing for “Guys Night Out”)